Converting waypoints

JonD

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

old school mate write them in a book so you never lose them in case of unit failure   then punch them in manually..rick

Did that once!!!...way to many on mine these days.

Does it allow you to export to memory card?

Alternatively, try downloading the Navionics app for your smartphone or tablet. I think you can get a 30 day free trial. It can sync to GPS units and will bring your marks across.  Then sync it to your next GPS and it should hopefully push them across.

1 hour ago, Smasher said:

Does it allow you to export to memory card?

Alternatively, try downloading the Navionics app for your smartphone or tablet. I think you can get a 30 day free trial. It can sync to GPS units and will bring your marks across.  Then sync it to your next GPS and it should hopefully push them across.

Yes I've got both lots on a card.

11 hours ago, JonD said:

Yes I've got both lots on a card.

I see, so if you've got them on a card, copy them onto your computer and combine them into one file with every mark that you want.  You should also make a backup here in case like Rick says your finder dies one day.

If you have .GPX file and you want to manually edit it, using a program like Notepad++ should make life a bit easier for you.

If your finder will only accept certain file formats, you can use this website to convert it into whatever it will accept. 

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

Edited by Smasher