First time out in ages...

big Neil

Hi all, haven't been out proper fishing for quite some time. Mate rings me and asks if I fancy wetting a line till dark, last night. "Sure, but will need a bit of time to sort stuff out." Took all of 10 mins and I was out on the driveway waiting to be picked up. We motored quite a way upstream passing heaps of idiots on the way. 1 boat with 3 idiots and 6 rods all loaded up with cheese. Another 2 boats the same, before we reached our spot for lure fishing for Yellas. Now for those that don't know it's closed season for Murray Cod, till Dec 1st. Using cheese means you will catch ONLY Murray Cod...NO EXCUSES!

We had small lures and spinnerbaits on and did it tough for about 2.5 hrs, casting away with no action. I had a lovely small spinnerbait on that would have been great for Bass (I guess) and mate alternated between a small deep diving lure and a spinnerbait. I was the first to hook up, unfortunately to a small Murray Cod, which was quickly released unharmed. Mate finally caught the target species (Yellowbelly) as the sun was going down.

On the way back to the ramp we asked a few of the boaties if they had any luck. Yes they boasted, 16 Cod. PROUD OF IT TOO they were. bn

""Yes they boasted, 16 Cod. PROUD OF IT TOO they were.""

Unfortunately there are way too many meat gatherers with no respect for the rules still out there, just hope the fish were released, which I doubt.

On a brighter note, well done to you for getting on the water at such short notice ( it would have taken me twice that long to get ready ).

Frank

14 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Hi Neil,

I hope their catch and release practices are good... would seem a pity to target them and then at least not release them properly.

Cheers

Jim

Cowboys Jim. Far too many of them for my liking! bn

11 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

ring fisheries and give details of regos  theyWILL raid houses if suspicious of illegally keeping cod...your not allowed to target them as it disrupts breeding....dob the mongrels in neil

Never thought of doing that Rick. Too focussed on getting some practice in. Will bear it in mind though when I take the boat for a run this week, prior to heading to Burrinjuck on the 9th. Cheers mate, Neil.

14 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Hi Neil,

I hope their catch and release practices are good... would seem a pity to target them and then at least not release them properly.

Cheers

Jim

Cowboys Jim. Far too many of them for my liking! bn