middle harbour kayak kingfish

macbook

Hi,

I’m a long-time reader but contribute very little to the forums. I’m a mad keen kayak fisho and want to hit up middle harbour for kingfish this summer in the yak. Anyone got any tips or advice for fishing this area. I normally launch for tunks and fish the upper bays but I have never been around or past the spit. I know squid are gun baits and are there any spots to catch squid around middle harbour? Or any bait grounds for yakka’s up that way? If I can get live bait I probs troll them around the moorings in middle harbour, is this method recommended? Any tides or moon phases that work better than others? I’m Not after your “spot x” just tips and advice for fishing the area and land my first king. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mac

Hey mac plenty kings west of the spit bridge look for surface boils, In My opinion first light to early morning are best and if you can time this with a tide change even better and top of the tide being best. However King fish will turn up unexpected anytime anywhere Ive caught them near  pickering point. Put middle harbour kings in the search bar of this site and get lots and lots of information.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:56 PM, blaxland said:

Hey mac plenty kings west of the spit bridge look for surface boils, In My opinion first light to early morning are best and if you can time this with a tide change even better and top of the tide being best. However King fish will turn up unexpected anytime anywhere Ive caught them near  pickering point. Put middle harbour kings in the search bar of this site and get lots and lots of information.

cheers mate much appreciated.