DY Wide this morning

saltrix

Got an early start and was pleased to see the harbour flat as a tack and so expected to find the same outside.

sunrise-sat-16.jpg

Tried a troll along Washaway beacj and the rocks a bit further and then around North Head, but no takers.

As we got out further it got rougher and rougher until we got to the grounds off DY when we decided it was too rough and we would head for home after 1 drop. But it got a bit better and eventually calmed right down, although it was too rough to anchor or fish light in closer.

The flathead were gone and  and hard to find but we picked up  some tea befroer heading home early.

This was my share of the catch, the small flathead are spikeys which do not grow much above 30cm (max 34cm) and have no legal size but are good eating.

fish-Satr16.jpg

Not a good day but it was a bit lumpy outside and would probably been better inside.

Well done Saltrix...at least you got a feed.

Was going to go myself but saw the weather forecast as being very windy today and tomorrow, hence why I pulled the plug. Not nice being out there when it feels like a washing machIne....