Blue Swimmers for Christmas - Port Stephens

Berleyguts

I wanted to fish outside today for what would likely be my last trip for 2017 but I decided to stay in the Bay and try and get some blue swimmers for Christmas lunch and hopefully spin up a few flathead. Had no luck on the flathead but managed eight blue swimmers. No big ones but all legal.

Baits used were mullet and beef hearts. I think the mullet performed marginally better than the hearts and I think I had better luck with the hoop nets than the traps.

Scratchie - I got them where you took me flathead fishing the first time we met.

Now, the only problem is, my wife wants to cook Singapore Chilli Crab for Christmas but I don’t think they’ll keep uncooked until then, so I want to cook them up now and chill or freeze them. I think I’ll win!

B15032B4-1F81-45E3-B04F-D188CA06635B.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice work baz...cant get onto the water yet with commitments but have some local prawns instead..merry xmas..rick

Well, it’s a good thing I came home with some crabs, otherwise I’d be in the doghouse for going fishing instead of prepping the house for Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

28 minutes ago, masterfisho7 said:

Looks like your having a good Christmas

Best I can, I guess. I only get the one day off. ? Working in retail, I’m always glad when Christmas is over! I have to work hard to not be too “bah humbug”!