Squidgy Wriggle Colour

daniel akpinar

G'day Raiders,

Let me introduce my self, my name is daniel and I live in Drummoyne/chiswick. When I go fishing I go for flathead, bream, whiting, tailor and snapper. I am getting 2 packets of Zman Grubz for bream and flathead but mostly for bream, but I'm getting sone squidgy wrigglers for flathead but I still wanna be able to catch big bream on it.I am going to get a 80 mm is that good??

( I fish of land and boat, mostly land ).

And what colour will be the best for clear water WASABI OR BLOODWORM???

Thanks

Edited by daniel akpinar

bloodworm, the 80mm wriggler is more of a bream lure and a damn fine one at that

the wriggler will catch flathead but if I was targeting flathead with plastics I would go a squidgy fish or a shad style plastic in a 4-5" size

7 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

bloodworm, the 80mm wriggler is more of a bream lure and a damn fine one at that

the wriggler will catch flathead but if I was targeting flathead with plastics I would go a squidgy fish or a shad style plastic in a 4-5" size

Hey mate thanks for replying

Im getting 2.5 inch man grubz two packets for bream but i want 1 packet of lure for flathead so I'm thinking of the 100mm squidgy fish or slim swims. what do you use for flathead???

I use the 80mm squidgy wriggler in bloodworm for bream, but you'll find them a bit small for flathead. The thing with wrigglers is that they are smaller than they'd seem, because the tail takes up a lot of the length of the lure. By that I mean that a 120m wriggler is roughly the same size as a 100m fish. For flathead I usually use a 70mm, 80mm or 100mm squidgy fish, in black gold. The 80m is my go to, but I upside or downsize depending on the conditions.