Crowdy Head

Orange roughy

Hi all,

I am Sydney based but have been starting to fish a bit more on the MNC as my wife's family are from up that way and we have been heading up more regularly. I have been heading out from Crowdy Head and doing ok, a few flathead, snapper, occasional Pearlie. I have been slowly gathering marks each trip, using the sounder to identify and tag any potential spots mainly along the depth contours. Would anyone have some tips/marks they would be willing to share for this area? 

The most success I seem to have is drifting over inshore reefs(30-40m) a bit slower with the sea anchor. I haven't ventured too far wide just yet, as there is a lot of ocean out there. 

Greatly appreciate any tips. 

Cheers,

try anchoring on the shoals a couple of miles north and burley and fish floating baits...try putting a livebait out under a float 15ft deep...kings cobes longtails caught there regularly..also nth edge of reef at mermaid,,same deal..there is also some shallow reef just south of lighthouse couple hundred mtrs off beach..burley and floaters again...lokk on google earth you can see it...rick

• 1 month later...