TT SWITCHBLADE

SquidgyBoi

Hello,

I am new to fishing with hard body lures, I have only went once as I got my new lures and I caught 4 tailor. I got this red and black tt switchblade and I was wondering how deep I can use it, can it goes 5 meters deep??? and is it good for bream???

I also bought some man grubs 2.5 inch and a squidgy wriggler 100mm silver fox because they didn't have bloodworm, can you give me some techniques on how to use the switchblade and if I can use it a wharf like Balmain wharf??? 

and can I use a jackal chubby at a wharf where it is 2 meters deep

thanks

Edited by SquidgyBoi

1 hour ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

what size is the switchblade? will need to  know this before we can advise on the depth you can fish it and its suitability for bream

richard

Hey mate,

it is a 1/8 for around 3 meter water?? and if it is too shallow will it be good for 6 meter??

Edited by SquidgyBoi

Blades should work in any depth of water, they sink very easily. Above 10-15m it might struggle a bit with the current, but in low current areas I've had no trouble fishing 1/8th blades in 15 metres. They are an awesome lure for both bream and flatties, I'm a big fan of them in the 1/8th size especially. I recommend doing a twitch pause retrieve. Wait for it to hit bottom, wind in the slack and then just do 2 short quick lifts of the rod top in quick succession. Twitch it just enough to feel the vibration, pause just for a fraction of a second then give it another twitch before it hits bottom. Let it sink and wait a few seconds before repeating. This is my favourite retrieve with blades, works for both flathead and bream. I like to use lure scent with blades, as they don't look ultra realistic when they sit on the bottom, but when scented bream are more likely to take them when still. My favourite is sax scent.

Sounds like you've done some research with your lures. The 2.5 inch grubs with be great for bream, and the 100mm will be great for flathead. Both 2 of my favourite plastics.

The Jackall chubbies are more suited for sandflats and mangroves, but they can also be used along vertical structure such as wharf pylons and bridge pylons. Instead of casting out, cast across the jetty as close to the pylons as you can, and do a steady slow retrieve.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aardvarking said:

Blades should work in any depth of water, they sink very easily. Above 10-15m it might struggle a bit with the current, but in low current areas I've had no trouble fishing 1/8th blades in 15 metres. They are an awesome lure for both bream and flatties, I'm a big fan of them in the 1/8th size especially. I recommend doing a twitch pause retrieve. Wait for it to hit bottom, wind in the slack and then just do 2 short quick lifts of the rod top in quick succession. Twitch it just enough to feel the vibration, pause just for a fraction of a second then give it another twitch before it hits bottom. Let it sink and wait a few seconds before repeating. This is my favourite retrieve with blades, works for both flathead and bream. I like to use lure scent with blades, as they don't look ultra realistic when they sit on the bottom, but when scented bream are more likely to take them when still. My favourite is sax scent.

Sounds like you've done some research with your lures. The 2.5 inch grubs with be great for bream, and the 100mm will be great for flathead. Both 2 of my favourite plastics.

The Jackall chubbies are more suited for sandflats and mangroves, but they can also be used along vertical structure such as wharf pylons and bridge pylons. Instead of casting out, cast across the jetty as close to the pylons as you can, and do a steady slow retrieve.

thanks a lot man, that was very helpful indeed, Do you know if I can catch at night time with my vibe and soft plastic at 8-10pm and if you don't mind where are some spots in Sydney where I can use a chubby

Edited by SquidgyBoi

21 minutes ago, SquidgyBoi said:

thanks a lot man, that was very helpful indeed, Do you know if I can catch at night time with my vibe and soft plastic at 8-10pm and if you don't mind where are some spots in Sydney where I can use a chubby

Around sunrise and sunset are the perfect times to be fishing, so from 8-9pm is a good time to be out. Later on in the night you might not have much luck with bream and flathead, but that is when the jewfish are roaming. I don't have much experience night fishing, so you might be better off getting someone else to give you a more definitive answer to that one though.

Rose Bay beach at low tide is a good place to use the chubby, as it is a nice sand flat with plenty of bream and flathead. In sydney I find I have more luck with plastics and blades for whatever reason, and tend to do better with hard bodies like the chubby down south.

2 hours ago, Aardvarking said:

Around sunrise and sunset are the perfect times to be fishing, so from 8-9pm is a good time to be out. Later on in the night you might not have much luck with bream and flathead, but that is when the jewfish are roaming. I don't have much experience night fishing, so you might be better off getting someone else to give you a more definitive answer to that one though.

Rose Bay beach at low tide is a good place to use the chubby, as it is a nice sand flat with plenty of bream and flathead. In sydney I find I have more luck with plastics and blades for whatever reason, and tend to do better with hard bodies like the chubby down south.

Thanks for all the help, the first time I tried my hard body lures I went to rose bay and caught 4 tailor and 1 flattie on a prawn.

just came back I got 1 bite with the grub but no fish but my bro caught a 35 cm bream but we chucked it back

I'm still happy because I've went fishing once now with SP.

thanks for everything