Livebait tank with livebait tank

bojulabah

I’m looking to get an integrated live bait tank with cutting board as I need a second live bait tank and no other space (that doesn’t significantly reduce my fishi g space). If I mix squid and livies, the squid chew the livies up of attack each other.
I would appreciate others experience (and maybe some pics)
thanks
bojulabah.

Kind regards
Bob Pickworth

That's the go more space the better could always separate the tank in half with fly screen or something so you can run it all off 1 bilge pump... I'm about to make one myself  for my freedom sport... Love making live bait tanks 

Edited by Omally

Thanks for replies so far, the squid never seem to last more than a few hours, but Yakkas and slimes last all day. I guess I was asking advice from those who have set up a second livebait / cutting board as I have only ever had room for one and Kingies around Sydney are going nuts. I’ve caught over 100 since December, only about 20% legal though and most of the legal ones released.

A few questions. Does your livebait tank pump water in and overflow water out or is it just a tank with an aerator and you change the water. How big is the tank? Is it overcrowded? Does the water get warm in the sun? I have had squid eat yakkas and slimies in the tank and also had yakkas and slimies kill squid in the tank but they normally play nice. Like Omally says, Is your live bait tank large enough to put a fence (some type of barrier) in it to seperate the squid and fish? The water should be able to flow through/around/under/over it. So any mesh or board or anything might do. Keep in mind the fish will still need enough room so swim around.