Reel pouch/storage recommendations ?

l2oBiN

I al looking for your recommendations on spinning reel pouches/storage solutions. I would like a solution for protecting the reel while mounted on the rod and stored separate from the rod. 

I have some 2500 sized and 4000sized spinning reels from Shimano and daiwa.

If you’re talking storage in the house/shed/garage, not in the boat, I used to use the cloth bags which come with a bottle of Crown Royal Canadian whiskey... which reminds me... I just found an excuse to buy a few more bottles. ?

194A0CCD-FF52-4FE1-AA19-491D73B5CAA6.jpeg

• Like 1

I spent quite a few years running the deck on a 42 riv out of port stephens and gamefishing in general..most of the tiagras I seen kept in neoprene protection covers suffered corrosion problems...reels have to be completely dry then sprayed with silicone spray before being put in neoprene..i will never use them again.....simple cloth flour bags or liquor bags if you can afford it are the go...rick

• Like 2

For home storage I have a length of 4 x 1 " nailed to a wall with holes placed in it spaced appropiatly so reels don't touch each other, these holes are drilled at a slight angle so the dowel that is driven into them about 6" long protrude upwards. I then get a length of aluminium round tube ( you could use PVC pipe ) that fit over the dowel and reel seat  and cut short strips about 1/2 inch long, 2 per dowel and use one either side of the reel seat to hold them to the dowel. Can't  load photos here so hope this explains this method of reel storage a bit.

Could send photos to emails if anyone wants to see them via PM.

Frank

Hey guys coming from a fresh water background ive always used hessian bags with a drawstring and never had an issue (maybe just following Grandads footsteps and traditional applications) I cant see why it couldn't be used for salt applications i just like it due to the fact they dry fast and dont retain nasty moisture ; lightweight,cheap, you can double them up for added protection and if leaning the rod onto something acts as a nice cushion so you dont scrape your stick :)