Multicolor braid vs 1 color braid

kAs-09

Hello everyone !

I`m doubting between 2 colors of a braid Duel Hardcore x8. Fluo yellow or multicolor.  Do you guys really think that multicolor is so worth of using it ? I fish from the shore. Isn`t multicolor better for fishing from the boat ? What do you think about it ? Mb some of you used multicolor and can say a word if it is so helpful or not.

Edited by kAs-09

hey brother, as a rule of thumb the multi is used for offshore applications; such as jigging to find fish at certain accurate depths (the colour changes every 10m or more depending on brand some at 25ft and some lines even have a really accurate black mark every 5m). If fishing multiple baits/lures from the boat its easier to see to stop line crosses and keep good spacing between lines, but theres no reason you cant use it from the stones/beach, in the same way you can work out how far your casting to find the fish. The fluoro yellow is great for visibility especially if fishing stickbaits or poppers as you can see your line lay on the surface and see current drift to avoid those nasty wind tangles :D thats how i would choose and if you go with the multi, if you ever head offshore you will have an edge over the other fellas using straight fluoro.. Cjay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I understand you correct. So in general fluo yellow better from the shore and multicolor from the boat, right ? :)

I mainly use metal jigs from the shore and soft baits.

Edited by kAs-09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Multi colour can be useful from the shore too. You may find fish biting at a certain distance, which can be hard to estimate especially after dark but if using multi colour you can simply take note of what colour you were at and cast to the same colour for each cast. The line is the same what ever colour it is and often the same price. 

If you ever lose a little braid having colour change makes it easy to know exactly how much line you have left on the spool too.

• Thanks 1

I fish plastics from shore and I prefer bright colours as it's easier to tell when you're jigs on the bottom and detecting small bites. And it's my understanding that multicolour is for offshore depth check and also it only seems to be available in 20lb and up which limits it's shore uses.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

I fish plastics from shore and I prefer bright colours as it's easier to tell when you're jigs on the bottom and detecting small bites. And it's my understanding that multicolour is for offshore depth check and also it only seems to be available in 20lb and up which limits it's shore uses.

Rich

Multicolor braid is available from 0.6PE 13lb

Duel Hardcore x8.jpg

Edited by kAs-09