Jewies

marks1984

Read the jewfish thread mate plenty of info there. You can get jew off the beach at narra but haven't heard of that many recently. The spot is a victim of it's own popularity - there can be pretty much no space from the lake entrance down to the pines when conditions are looking OK (and weather is warm). Loads of fishos and lights on the water do nothing to help the cause with jewies IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

Nevertheless, plenty caught though, or Try Dee Why? .Earlier I fished with a Guy who had 11 the previous season (saw Pics).

You could try the 'Lake' too. (Although its not technically a lake , but an Estuary :) ) and more come out than reported.

As it is closed  at the moment the fish are locked in and the tailor/herring/mullet/luderick schools must be getting smashed by the predators.

They sure are by the Pelicans and Cormorant gang.

A lot of those lights you might see on the beach are probably Pilchard Tossers. :) and many go home before the 'witching hours'..

NB Council..Please open the entrance for the health of the fishery.

Edited by 4wsboy
Grammer.
  • Like 1

Only time council will open the lake is if there is a risk to adjoining property...... keeping the ICOLL as nature intended and all that.

Loads of jelly prawns were in there before it closed.... wouldn't have run out to sea on the last few new moons. Could be worth a look on the first new moon after it opens up!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Short said:

Only time council will open the lake is if there is a risk to adjoining property...... keeping the ICOLL as nature intended and all that.

Loads of jelly prawns were in there before it closed.... wouldn't have run out to sea on the last few new moons. Could be worth a look on the first new moon after it opens up!

Mactier St and Jamieson are VERY close to coming over the top, come on rain!..Yes I get the 'Natural' part;  but as a fishery and breeding ground it could be assisted? :) Have you seen the Luderick, Mullet et al swarming aimlessly around the exit. A mate of mine picked a Luderick up as it was beached whilst trying to get over the incoming  trickle over the sand hump.... and its full of lice atm. :)

Agree with Short. I used to live at the pines, literally on the beach. It was a dream spot (for very cheap rent too) and I did pick a few jews in my time there. Often the best spots on the beach were taken before sundown, especially in summer and on weekends. I had the luxury of ducking out midweek for sessions here or there but if you were going to drive any distance for a beach fish in the hope of a jew, I would consider other spots that are equally likely to produce, with much less crowding. Do a few drive-bys and check out the gutters, weed, etc before making the b-line to Narrabeen. Or get out in the rain if you are really keen.

2 hours ago, 4wsboy said:

Mactier St and Jamieson are VERY close to coming over the top, come on rain!..Yes I get the 'Natural' part;  but as a fishery and breeding ground it could be assisted? :) Have you seen the Luderick, Mullet et al swarming aimlessly around the exit. A mate of mine picked a Luderick up as it was beached whilst trying to get over the incoming  trickle over the sand hump.... and its full of lice atm. :)

Just checked out the 'semi-upper' reaches, 4.30 pm the water is crossing the footpath at the roundabout at the corner of Walker and Mactier St's.