fishing middle harbour

jmadden

On 19/02/2018 at 5:04 PM, TurtleTown said:

Land or boat based? What type of fish are you after ?

im land based in Clontarf and the spit. looking for flathead, bream and all estuary species really. I use sp a lot and want to get back into bait fishing I just haven't had much time and looking for some tips.

Try the north shore under the spit bridge but go a bit east past the wall hour before and after dawn the best can get Aussie salmon , king, tailor, blackfish and bream but its a well known spot. There is a newish pontoon off gurny cres in seaforth also worth a go as is pickering point itsself. Doubroyd head eastern most see a lot of blackfishermen there, Baths near 40 baskets for flatehead ( try a sp inside the baths as well as out). Drop off at clontarf also produces. These are all well known spots. I have caught flathead between clontarf and castle rock that area also produces blackfish but the  whole water way is very busy.

Edited by blaxland
  • Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 6:27 PM, blaxland said:

Try the north shore under the spit bridge but go a bit east past the wall hour before and after dawn the best can get Aussie salmon , king, tailor, blackfish and bream but its a well known spot. There is a newish pontoon off gurny cres in seaforth also worth a go as is pickering point itsself. Doubroyd head eastern most see a lot of blackfishermen there, Baths near 40 baskets for flatehead ( try a sp inside the baths as well as out). Drop off at clontarf also produces. These are all well known spots. I have caught flathead between clontarf and castle rock that area also produces blackfish but the  whole water way is very busy.

mate, should I be using sp or bait for these areas?