Smiths lake fishing spots

fisholb

Land based or in a boat?

When I was up there at Christmas the lake was shut.   I didn’t fish it.   On previous seasons when the lake was open we did well on the whiting using nippers in the channels st the front of the lake.

In the past I have caught some flatties flicking plastics from the shore usually on the ocean side of the boat ramp at frothy coffee. If the water level is still up there would probably be some cream lurking around frothy coffees pylons.  

If you fish of an evening with bait near anywhere near trees be prepared for possums getting into  your gear.    Wear deet repellant as there are ticks about.   

Edited by Welster

5 hours ago, Welster said:

In the past I have caught some flatties flicking plastics from the shore usually on the ocean side of the boat ramp at frothy coffee. If the water level is still up there would probably be some cream lurking around frothy coffees pylons.  

If you fish of an evening with bait near anywhere near trees be prepared for possums getting into  your gear.    Wear deet repellant as there are ticks about.   

thanks for the advice mate

16 minutes ago, shipwrecked said:

There are also often big bream swimming under thr pylons of frothy coffee looking for crumbs falling through the floor or off the deck. At least they use to be there.

Thanks mate will definitely have a look