Dollies and Flatties

GoingFishing

Headed out today with a couple of friends who really wanted to get into some of the dollie action. Collected some live bait really early and were the first boat at the FAD (i never thought it wud be possible, ha!)

Managed a few nice fish for the boys boating in excess of 10 fish but only keeping what the boys wanted to take home for a feed as i still have a few mahi fillets in the freezer and didnt want any.

Left the FAD relatively early and headed into the 30m mark off Botany to try and bag some flatties (which i was keen on taking home). Managed a few flatties all coming up decent size 40cm ++ 

All in all a great day to close out the Easter break and happy to get the boys onto a few fish.

thanks for reading

Sam

9BD1B590-9497-489C-8369-7E7CBCBF7204.png

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work Sam!! I bet you have a few extra mates with that nice new boat of yours! Haha. Good on you for getting them a few fish!

cheers scratchie!!! 

Haha yes the closet fisherman certianly have come out of hiding the last couple of months. The most entertaining part is when you offer them sea sickness tablets and their ego gets in the way

Less than 30 mins later theyre in the foetal position and chundering over the sides hahaha

9 hours ago, Vara said:

Nice work ....I missed my chance to get out there this weekend. 

Cheers mate, i think theyl still be around this weekend mate

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I snuck out on Friday. got a couple of fish Broken Bay wide area on the 100m mark. Fish were 80 - 90cms and temp was mid 22s.

Snuck out wider to 150m mark. Temp increased to 23.8 - 24. Water colour changed a lot too. Much nicer. Found the fish to 1m.

Was great fun with a couple of mates all on livies. Actually the most success spot was what appeared to be a broken off fad. Old buoy with a good length rope hanging off it in 145m of water. It held some nice fish.

On way back tried Newport Reef for Kings - zichamundo.

Best to you.

9 hours ago, Vara said:

Actually I snuck out on Friday. got a couple of fish Broken Bay wide area on the 100m mark. Fish were 80 - 90cms and temp was mid 22s.

Snuck out wider to 150m mark. Temp increased to 23.8 - 24. Water colour changed a lot too. Much nicer. Found the fish to 1m.

Was great fun with a couple of mates all on livies. Actually the most success spot was what appeared to be a broken off fad. Old buoy with a good length rope hanging off it in 145m of water. It held some nice fish.

On way back tried Newport Reef for Kings - zichamundo.

Best to you.

Glad to hear you got into a few mate. Theyre awesome fun at that size arent they