Mowie off the rocks

Toilor

Still hurling lures at Bonnies and Kings but finding the bowling shoulder starting to suffer a bit with repetitive cast / retrieve.  Ive been squirrelling away all my bonnie offcuts and salting them before bagging up and freezing. Using a few old paternoster rigs left over from previous boat trips in combo with 2/0 circles and sinker to suit.  After much testing in my mates "den" we have come to the conclusion that the old style dropper knot breaks about 50 % line strength whereas kiwi loop is close to 100% so that's what I use. Anyways I managed this Mowie which is first for me as well as a 35cm Trev and good sized sweep all released into hot oil for dinner last night. 

20180426_065225.jpg

• Like 1

To be honest I'm not that fussy as long as it's fresh I'll eat it. The sweep was white and moist and as good as the Mowie and trevally imho. I did catch some black sole around 40cm while prawning on a recent trip to Mallacoota and they were close to inedible. Not a fan of various southern wrasse either as I find them mushy.  Some of my more controversial favourites include Pike and Yakkas. 

36 minutes ago, Toilor3000 said:

To be honest I'm not that fussy as long as it's fresh I'll eat it. The sweep was white and moist and as good as the Mowie and trevally imho. I did catch some black sole around 40cm while prawning on a recent trip to Mallacoota and they were close to inedible. Not a fan of various southern wrasse either as I find them mushy.  Some of my more controversial favourites include Pike and Yakkas. 

Nice catch. I'm with you on the Pike, they stink but taste very very nice. I'm not allowed to bring them in the house anymore though :unsure:, a bait option only.