Port Stephens- late arvo sesh!!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Headed out yesterday for a short late arvo sesh with fellow raider Woodsy. We left little beach at 230. Headed out and picked up a few bonito for bait and burley. Went up to Broughton in his new ride cruising at 25 knots on his awesome bar crusher! 

Hit the mark and dropped anchor. The current was raging uphill, so we start to burley and deploy our lines. It took a while but the bites starting coming thick and fast. Got a feed of pannies and got done by a couple of larger models. The tailor moved into the trail and we caught and released easy over 20 legal sized ones! After getting snipped a few times we called it quits and left just after dark. 

Thanks for the arvo Woodsy! It was a pretty good sesh with constant action and very comfortable on your new ride! 

Cheers scratchie!!! B734960E-99C4-4EEF-A311-566EB234C4D6.thumb.jpeg.16058e7130f49c24a40ee2a24dbe242d.jpeg

• Like 8

Great stuff, Jeff! Full of my berley, were they? ? Interesting that the current was raging from the south, when on Tuesday I hardly had any drift!

I’m currently on a plane over the Great Australian Bight and dreaming about the snapper I’m hoping to catch next week out of Fremantle. Spoke to the skipper yesterday and he says they throw back anything under 50cm, which is the minimum length. When he first told me they’ve been getting plenty of 850s and 900s, I thought he was talking grams! Then I realised he was talking mm. Then he said one client got one over 1m last week. He fishes plastics and fly, so that will be interesting! I’ve packed my  Zman 7” in coconut ice just in case! ? I think he is chasing broadbill tomorrow... maybe I should have gone on that charter! ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Jeff! Full of my berley, were they? ? Interesting that the current was raging from the south, when on Tuesday I hardly had any drift!

I’m currently on a plane over the Great Australian Bight and dreaming about the snapper I’m hoping to catch next week out of Fremantle. Spoke to the skipper yesterday and he says they throw back anything under 50cm, which is the minimum length. When he first told me they’ve been getting plenty of 850s and 900s, I thought he was talking grams! Then I realised he was talking mm. Then he said one client got one over 1m last week. He fishes plastics and fly, so that will be interesting! I’ve packed my  Zman 7” in coconut ice just in case! ? I think he is chasing broadbill tomorrow... maybe I should have gone on that charter! ?

Enjoy Baz! I hope the weather is good for you and the reel is zinging!!!! But sorry mate, big snapper only count on Home ground! Haha! Go get em!!! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Now there's a good feed!

Easy choice to release the tailor when you have a feed of Snapper!

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim. That was pretty much the scenario. There was some real good ones amongst them but tailor need to be eaten within 24hrs imo. 

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Enjoy Baz! I hope the weather is good for you and the reel is zinging!!!! But sorry mate, big snapper only count on Home ground! Haha! Go get em!!! 

Hmm... I didn’t tell the skipper I’m a human banana! ?

• Haha 2

Really enjoyed the arvo Scratchie, and like normal heaps of tips and ideas on different techniques. It was a shame the tailor moved in. 

It’s great having you on the boat Scratchie and don’t worry there will be heaps more to come. I just might need to borrow some hooks

Woodsy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woodsy1 said:

Really enjoyed the arvo Scratchie, and like normal heaps of tips and ideas on different techniques. It was a shame the tailor moved in. 

It’s great having you on the boat Scratchie and don’t worry there will be heaps more to come. I just might need to borrow some hooks

Woodsy

Borrow away champ! Think we’ll have to do a full day next time. A big southerly push this weekend should fire them up!