West Coast Fishing

Berleyguts

How’s the weather over on the east coast at the moment, guys? ?

I’m currently sitting at a bar on the Swan River in Perth, enjoying a local brew while looking back towards the east. Living the dream! ?? On Saturday, we had sunshine and 31 degrees and visited Rottnest Island. Man! There’s sone money in boats over there!

Heading out on a charter tomorrow chasing snapper on plastics and maybe fly (well, I’m prepared to give it a go anyway!). Hope I don’t get crook - I’ve come down with a shocking cold! ????

I’ll post a report late tomorrow, I expect.

0D159ECE-01EC-449F-A15C-9A0746A965B1.jpeg

Living the dream alright baz! Hasn’t stop blowing its ass out for the past 4 days! Should bring the snapper on the chew later in the week. Good luck tomorrow! I hope you get stretched out. Looking forward to a report. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Living the dream alright baz! Hasn’t stop blowing its ass out for the past 4 days! Should bring the snapper on the chew later in the week. Good luck tomorrow! I hope you get stretched out. Looking forward to a report. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Jeff, I’ve heard it’s been pretty miserable over there. I got a message that my solar panels on the house had stopped producing so I knew it must have been bad! I’m hoping I’ll pick up a few tips on this charter that I can use back home. The skipper is an IGFA skipper and I’ve had a good chat to him, so I know it’s not just a bottom bashing charter.

I’ll be back late on Wednesday. My son and the missus are heading to Thailand on Friday and I have another week off, so the ocean is mine! (As long as I get the chores done, at least!)

Now I’m  enjoying a James Squire 150 Lashes while the missus is at work. ?

8F8BEEEB-C914-4248-986A-B1B6D0540A2B.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Thanks Jeff, I’ve heard it’s been pretty miserable over there. I got a message that my solar panels on the house had stopped producing so I knew it must have been bad! I’m hoping I’ll pick up a few tips on this charter that I can use back home. The skipper is an IGFA skipper and I’ve had a good chat to him, so I know it’s not just a bottom bashing charter.

I’ll be back late on Wednesday. My son and the missus are heading to Thailand on Friday and I have another week off, so the ocean is mine! (As long as I get the chores done, at least!)

Now I’m  enjoying a James Squire 150 Lashes while the missus is at work. ?

8F8BEEEB-C914-4248-986A-B1B6D0540A2B.jpeg

Good luck tomorrow Baz, can’t wait to read the report and see photos 

That view looks like you were at the lucky shag bar Baz.  I'm also in Perth tonight on my way home to the bay tomorrow after two weeks over here for work.  Leave first thing in the morning. Good luck with the charter. 

Cheers Loomesy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loomesy said:

That view looks like you were at the lucky shag bar Baz.  I'm also in Perth tonight on my way home to the bay tomorrow after two weeks over here for work.  Leave first thing in the morning. Good luck with the charter. 

Cheers Loomesy 

Yeah, it was The Lucky Shag.,. and I didn’t get one. ?

I lived over that way for a while after selling up in Sydney, lived just south of Fremantle. 

As for the weather here, it's picked up after a good blow over the weekend. Water temp is still over 19'c down here at Narooma and the kings and snapper are still on the chew. There's a huge Jew with my name on it preparing for this weekend, getting tired of catching green backs:)

300418_GP_1836.jpg.c0a74107e949eb1297ca7cb91cc5c084.jpg

Edited by JonD
  • Like 3