Testing the waters

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

It's been a while since Ive had a crack at the blackfish, but with Big Neil's visit coming up I thought I should have a look.

Very difficult conditions with wind up to 30 knots, that put any exposed spots out, severely limiting options. 

I chose a sheltered little corner but it was still a bit windy. Not much happened for the first hour, fiddling with the depth to find the fish. My first touch came at the same time I was chucking berley, typical, I missed it. That  was followed by a good take and a pulled hook.

The touches kept coming, but the solid downs didn't. It was really hit and miss. A passerby took an interest, he didn't speak any English but he could see what was going on. Finally I hooked up to a decent fish, my new friend manned the net, we had the first in the bag.

Over the next hour the fish kept coming without solid downs. The float would just dip and come back up or start moving sideways. Strike and hope for the best. The more fish I caught the more excited my mate got, he was just nodding his head laughing.

I called time with 8 in the bag, could have easily bagged out, and gave the guy 3 to take home, the rest were released. Some good fish amongst them, a few over 40cm. Looking forward to next weekend.20180603_150321.thumb.jpg.6385a9f72267498064b32c236a5f9f91.jpgw

• Like 1

Good grief guys. Now I know how Megan Markle must feel.

So my wife and I are sitting in the lounge room at 3.15 am local time, eating some fresh date and walnut bread, which she made, with a cuppa.Well done dear! She even gave me the crust. Does life get any better? Well yes it does. Later this week I'll get to meet up with some real fishing legends and I am so looking forward to it. Been quite some time since I wet a line in the salt with Rick and ages before that. You're never too old to learn and I know I will learn heaps from these very generous Raiders. Whether I can remember it...now that's another story. Hope you left a few Andrew (lol). Cheers from an excited bn