SWR

Peter Nelson

Went up for the yearly visit to see the family.

Great day out on the water but probably too good with no drift.

Went over the bar just on day break and glad to see it was flat as a tack even on the run out tide.

Fishing was good for about an hour, caught a few to keep, three heaps back and got smoked by something decent.

After about an hour everything went dead, couldn’t hardly get a bite.

Heaps of whales about with some of the best breaches and displays I’ve ever seen, topped the day off.

22363E7F-198D-4B3A-8215-E48185194C7A.jpeg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Peter Nelson said:

Went up for the yearly visit to see the family.

Great day out on the water but probably too good with no drift.

Went over the bar just on day break and glad to see it was flat as a tack even on the run out tide.

Fishing was good for about an hour, caught a few to keep, three heaps back and got smoked by something decent.

After about an hour everything went dead, couldn’t hardly get a bite.

Heaps of whales about with some of the best breaches and displays I’ve ever seen, topped the day off.

22363E7F-198D-4B3A-8215-E48185194C7A.jpeg

Now that's a tadtey selection.

15 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work Pete! I’m yet to venture to SWR but I always see some good fishing come from there! Glad you had a good day out! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

I think you would love it mate, plenty of good reef in close for soft plastics, same areas have mackerel in summer.

Fish rock to the south has heaps of kings and in the river you catch anything, even saw a guy catch a massive cobia years ago.

Gave the plastics  a go on the way back in, showing plenty of bait but no wind or drift so was pretty well staying still. Dad said the week before they were getting some big snapper there.