Daiwa Gear

Rebel

Hi All,

I go to fishing auctions. check out Gumtree and Ebay for fishing gear and I can't believe the amount of Daiwa gear for sale. I have one Daiwa rod but I have been told by several people the their after sales and warranty service is terrible. Is this true ?

I wouldn't know what their after sales & warranty is like because I have never had to use it!

I love Diawa gear but like anything you get what you pay for so dont expect a $80 reel to do the job of a $800 one :biggrinthumb:

Edited by kingie chaser

I have a bit of Daiwa gear and a bit of Shimano gear. I like them both. However, I needed a new bail arm and roller for one of my Daiwa reels and it was a few weeks wait. The guy at the local tackle shop told me that Daiwa’s spare parts/service section is grossly understaffed and they are under the pump. When I needed a spare part for a Shimano it was here in about a week. The delay wasn’t a real issue for me. I was happy to wait and it gave me an excuse to buy a new reel. But it’s sonething to consider.

Edited by Berleyguts

My local store has never been happy with Diawa service and my experiences are the same- very slow compared to Shimano, plus the fact that some of their reels have to be serviced by Diawa is a turn off for me, the gear itself is fine,and I buy their rods without hesitation as they are very good. Reels , I have 4 Diawa's and they are all ok to good (but that also reflects the price points) compared to about 15 Shimano which are all good to excellent . 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 12:04 PM, Rebel said:

I have been told by several people the their after sales and warranty service is terrible. Is this true ?

I like their gear but yes, in my experience (a lot) it’s true. Terrible after sales and warranty service. This has encouraged me to purchase their products OS.