Northern Beaches Fishing

slurm

G'day raiders,

Me and a few mates have a few hours to kill on the northern beaches of Sydney this weekend and I’m after a word of advice regarding where we could have a few land based flicks. As someone who doesn’t know the area too well, I’m not after your hidden gems but rather somewhere we could have a bit of fun. We typically use light estuary outfits, however can throw a heavier beach rig in the car if neccessary. Also, what is the preference for bait in this area this time of year?

This is my first post so please be gentle!

Tight lines :)

Welcome to FishRaider mate

This time of year on the beaches your likely to encounter salmon and tailor...though whiting, bream and flathead can be caught off the beach too.  Most of these beaches fish the same but the key is to find the "gutters" or deeper underwater valleys where waves wash over.

A whole pilchard on ganged hooks should do well in these conditions but if u have a lighter outfit you can also try soft plastics or metal slugs for salmon and tailor. A running ball sinker with prawn or fresh worms should put you in with a chance for bream and whiting or maybe even a jew.

There are a few estuaries to fish on the Northern Beaches but the best one to fish in my opinion would be Narrabeen lagoon. Here you can catch bream, flathead and whiting and have also heard of the rare jewfish. You can fish on the sandy beach at the bottom of the southern side of the bridge or the deeper water that can be accessed via lakeside park.