LOCKOUT PLANS SCRAPPED

Guest Guest123456789

Niall Blair (the current fisheries minister) has stated ‘As of today, the lockout option is off the table’

Translation: if the liberals win the election Niall Blair will lose the fisheries portfolio and the bans will be brought in by stealth a few sites at a time.

The response from fishos has been so swift, i doubt any party would be keen to stir the hornets nest again any time soon.

Any fishing bans coming in the near future would have to be very, very sneaky indeed.

I for one am comfortable that we're safe. For now.

Good work to all who took the time to respond, but be prepared to do it all again in a few elections' time (another decade or so).

1 hour ago, jdanger said:

The response from fishos has been so swift, i doubt any party would be keen to stir the hornets nest again any time soon.

Any fishing bans coming in the near future would have to be very, very sneaky indeed.

I for one am comfortable that we're safe. For now.

Good work to all who took the time to respond, but be prepared to do it all again in a few elections' time (another decade or so).

Maybe- but how about we all get off our butts and still get to the rally and see if we can get some of the stupid lockouts up and down the coast removed, vote for the SFFF at the next election so they get the balance of power in the Senate, we might start getting some better funding for Fisheries patrols, boat ramps, artificial reefs, we have a ball rolling here politically, lets not let it roll back on us.

• Like 1

Exactly Paddy,the other parks were brought in on the basis of scientific advocacy,not true science,without which their existence,particularly the exclusion zones,are no more valid than the Sydney  ones would have been.It's a case of simple justice,a fair go,to continue supporting the cause of those who have so strongly supported us, until the existing ones are removed pending a new acceptable approach by government to the whole matter of marine reserves.I trust any politician's promises until the day after the next election,I prefer to see them translated into legislation,so that our rights are safe for longer than just now.

• Like 1

Is this still on for sure ?, I don't want to be wandering around Hyde Park in my new Fishraider T shirt by myself, can't decide to wear the White one OR the Black one ? .

Let's all meet at the fountain, do the march, then we could go to a buffet and have some refreshments and a chin wag between us Fishraider members.

Frank

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, frankS said:

Is this still on for sure ?, I don't want to be wandering around Hyde Park in my new Fishraider T shirt by myself, can't decide to wear the White one OR the Black one ? .

Let's all meet at the fountain, do the march, then we could go to a buffet and have some refreshments and a chin wag between us Fishraider members.

Frank

Definitely still on mate! I'll be there, send me a message or call me if you don't have a buddy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankS said:

Frank

That is a great idea @frankS and @connico Perhaps you or some raiders can take some live pics and load them in for us to see. Would love a pic in your fishraider shirts! 

• Like 1

Rally is still on.  We still need to put a big effort in and turn up in big numbers to put an end to this rubbish or it will all start up again.  I will definitely be there along with my mates from St George Sportfishing Club.  Ron 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, campr said:

Rally is still on.  We still need to put a big effort in and turn up in big numbers to put an end to this rubbish or it will all start up again.  I will definitely be there along with my mates from St George Sportfishing Club.  Ron 

How many are going from St George, Ron? I don’t know yet if I’m going to get down for it. I’m still really struggling with a virus - spent most of the day at work coughing up half a lung. I’ll probably cough up the other half tomorrow! So, although I’ve got Thursday off, I’m not sure I’m up for a 5-6 hour round trip plus coughing breaks! ?