2001 Mercury 4 stroke 115hp fuel pump cutting out

Sawtyscott

Thanks heaps for your help.  More investigating to do.   Looks like I need to track where the yellow and brown wires go into the ecm. 

Brown/blue goes to green which goes to yellow.

Purple goes to blue which goes to brown.

1547976580684515.jpg

1547976580344116.jpg

17 hours ago, dunc333 said:

no it should sound regardless if you have a temp gauge or not.have you tried pulling plugs on ecm inspect all pins clean and spray with inox, wd. and try again.have you checked the earth to the buzzer,

How do you check earth of the buzzer?  Pulled cover off ecm but didn't go any further.  Engine positive and negative make it a tight squeeze.  I guess I'll be looking at the yellow and brown wires as mentioned in previous post .

On 1/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, dunc333 said:

no it should sound regardless if you have a temp gauge or not.have you tried pulling plugs on ecm inspect all pins clean and spray with inox, wd. and try again.have you checked the earth to the buzzer,

Traced all wires back to ecm and checked them.  They seem fine. Ill have to get one of those test lights and follow the wires back.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been a bit slack in updating this topic but better late than never. I removed & stripped the VST, I found a small amount of muck on the screen. I cleaned the screen, cleaned the needle & seat & replaced all of the o-rings. It now runs better than ever, revs all the way out & has no starting issues. Thanks to everyones help. All running great in time for Mackerel season!!!!!

• Like 2