VALE: ROSS HUNTER

Berleyguts

It is with much sadness that I pass on the news of the passing of Ross Hunter, former Fishraider sponsor. He passed away at 12:30 am this morning, having experienced deteriorating health over the last few years and his son, Glenn, is thankful he is now at peace. I just got the news through my fishing club, St George Sportfishing Club, of which Ross was a long-time active member. Ross was a talented fisherman, a noted contributor to fishing magazines, and an avid promoter of sportfishing and the Australian National Sportfishing Association (ANSA). He developed the Marlin Billfisher and Broadbill boats and later went on to run his own gamefishing charter business on his boat “Broadbill”. He also, like me, played a bit of guitar and he recorded a CD, “Blue Water Country”, with songs all about fishing, including some about fishing around my beloved Port Stephens and Broughton Island.

He will be dearly missed.

Ross published a number of articles on Fishraider. Hopefully, the Articles section will be up and running again soon. Well worth the read!

Meanwhile, I have a CD to listen to...

RIP Ross. Wishing you tight lines up there!

We're going Marlin fishin ! on Broadbill today. 

Ross will be sadly missed by thousands of fisho's all over Australia, not much of a singer but a tremendous bloke, he loved his fishing and his guitar.

My commiserations to family and friends.

I will now play and listen to his CD once again with fond memories of a great bloke.

Frank

• Like 1