What Quintrex is this? Help with hull ID please!

Bobby.V

Hey guys,

I bought this tinnie a week ago. Owner didn't know what it was. Rego papers say "Telwater" but I found an old faded plate inside that says Quintrex on it. It's 12ft long.

Anyone have any idea what model it could be? Not a Sportsman.. they came in 13ft from what I could find and they also have 2 ridges along the hull (mine has 1) as well as the deep V concaved hull at the front.

I'm pretty sure those spray chines at the front of the hull are aftermarket fitted as they're riveted on.

Any input appreciated!

20181214_075457-1008x756.jpg

20181214_075503-1008x756.jpg

If its a quinnie i doubt very much that it was manufactured by Telwater- they are the holding company that own Quintrex, Stacer etc and only came into existance in the 1990's (i think)- that boat is 1970's vintage- it might be a Quinnie but i seem to remember that they never had that wide strake on the upper hull- happy to be proven wrong though

1 hour ago, PaddyT said:

If its a quinnie i doubt very much that it was manufactured by Telwater- they are the holding company that own Quintrex, Stacer etc and only came into existance in the 1990's (i think)- that boat is 1970's vintage- it might be a Quinnie but i seem to remember that they never had that wide strake on the upper hull- happy to be proven wrong though

Definitely a Quintrex. It's got the original plate still inside with "Quintrex Aluminium Boats" on it and above that it has max hp, and a serial number. There is a section for MTH - YEAR but unfortunately that's not stamped

Edited by Bobby.V

52 minutes ago, Bobby.V said:

Definitely a Quintrex. It's got the original plate still inside with "Quintrex Aluminium Boats" on it and above that it has max hp, and a serial number. There is a section for MTH - YEAR but unfortunately that's not stamped

yeah look not wanting to burst your bubble but on those older boats manufacturers plates can be moved around, lots of older boats dont even have one- hence why RMS brought in the standardised compliance plate system, im with Baz it doesnt look like a Quinnie but they did make a few strange models in the 70's like their 16 footer . Ron Calcutt (who loved quintrex )wrote a pretty scathing review on that one-not suprisingly Quintrex stopped that particular modelquick smart. So lets call it a Quintrex for now if thats what the plate says- enjoy your boat , catch lots of fish from it and use it as a stepping stone to the next one.