Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out to Bate Bay early this morning in a mate's boat. A few other boats also heading out into a N/E swell. The wind picked up about 8.30am, increasing the drift speed and also the wind chop. Most of the smaller boats then headed back in or moved to near Kurnell.

13 Blue Spots between us, the biggest only at 40cm, with most not a lot past the size limit. Also threw back more under sized ones, plus the usual spikies. Spikey fillets for bait. Flattie fillets make a change to ham.

Mate built a nice fish cleaning table under a shady tree.

Headed back in about 10am, and the Hacking was jam packed with boats, kayaks, jet skis, water skiers. :angry2:

Fab, don't bother heading out this week if you like quiet time fishing.

fish.jpeg_177.thumb.png.1518467bafa5bac3c58eda56d3220678.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yowie said:

Headed out to Bate Bay early this morning in a mate's boat. A few other boats also heading out into a N/E swell. The wind picked up about 8.30am, increasing the drift speed and also the wind chop. Most of the smaller boats then headed back in or moved to near Kurnell.

13 Blue Spots between us, the biggest only at 40cm, with most not a lot past the size limit. Also threw back more under sized ones, plus the usual spikies. Spikey fillets for bait. Flattie fillets make a change to ham.

Mate built a nice fish cleaning table under a shady tree.

Headed back in about 10am, and the Hacking was jam packed with boats, kayaks, jet skis, water skiers. :angry2:

Fab, don't bother heading out this week if you like quiet time fishing.

fish.jpeg_177.thumb.png.1518467bafa5bac3c58eda56d3220678.png

Great report and fish like usual mate.I knew it would be hectic out there and will wait until people are back at work etc.The only thing that won't change with all the hoards,noise etc if i went know i would think is coming home with an empty esky.

Enjoy your catch mate and ill wait until the chaos clears thank you very much.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GTM said:

Nice bag Yowie. You have those flathead sorted. If you don’t mind me asking what depth do like to start looking for them

Around 100 feet deep, or deeper. Occasionally have caught them in 50 or 60 feet, but mainly during winter/spring time.  Sometimes 200 feet or so.