Newbie - Northern Beaches

joshGTV

Only discovered this site today and I'm a bit embarrassed about posting a report after reading some of yours! My mate and I fished the Pines at Narrabeen on Saturday night, bloody windy but there were stacks of good tailor around and I took home a couple of 50cm models plus a trevally. Funny thing was they wouldn't touch the rod I had set up for tailor, they'd only go for the big bait I had out in hopes of a jewie. No jewies of course. Tailor were good eating smoked on the weber last night though. Bring on the weekend! Good luck to all.

Cheers,

Josh

:1welcomeani: Josh. Glad to see there's another raider who'll put up reports of what's happening on the northern beaches! Sounds like a good effort of yours on Saturday, I must say I've struggled a bit this winter at Narrabeen. Bring on Summer.

Cheers,

Neil

Well Josh, your post inspired me and I actually did go home and have a flick for tailor down at Clovelly last night .

Didn't have much time so I just had a couple of casts with a metal slice to see if there was anything around. The water looked really fishy, decent swell and some good movement around the rocks and bommie - but no joy on the tailor.

However, I somehow managed to catch a seargent baker - never caught one of them on a chromie before!! Just goes to show that you never can tell . . .

:1welcomeani: Josh.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about with that report mate. You spent some quality time on the beach and took home a feed as well. Got to be happy with that mate. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Only discovered this site today and I'm a bit embarrassed about posting a report after reading some of yours! My mate and I fished the Pines at Narrabeen on Saturday night, bloody windy but there were stacks of good tailor around and I took home a couple of 50cm models plus a trevally. Funny thing was they wouldn't touch the rod I had set up for tailor, they'd only go for the big bait I had out in hopes of a jewie. No jewies of course. Tailor were good eating smoked on the weber last night though. Bring on the weekend! Good luck to all.

Cheers,

Josh

Nice work Josh. You did better than me mate. Went out Saturday morning, fished a nice gutter off Octavia St for a sweet donut...... :mad3:

Nice to know the fish ARE there.... :biggrin2:

cheers,

Spizza.

You know, i didnt even know you could eat Tailor. I went out this morning into the Hawkesbury and couldnt stop catching the damn things on SP's, threw them all back because i seem to recall from my childhood that they taste funny. Guess i must have the wrong fish in mind.

Thanks for the info and welcome to our site.

You know, i didnt even know you could eat Tailor. I went out this morning into the Hawkesbury and couldnt stop catching the damn things on SP's, threw them all back because i seem to recall from my childhood that they taste funny. Guess i must have the wrong fish in mind.

Thanks for the info and welcome to our site.

Mate,

Just make sure you bleed tailor as soon as you catch them, get them on ice ASAP and eat them as fresh as you can. They're great if you treat them right after they're caught. They turn to mush when you freeze them so don't bother.

Cheers,

Josh

For doing cajun blackened fish Tailor are the s#!t!!!!!

As you say mate ..... not frozen (gag) and blead........ damn good tucker!!!

Never be ashamed to post...... everyone gets donuts!!!

However yours was far from it!!!!

Tight lines mate and hope there are many more reports!!!!

Mick

For doing cajun blackened fish Tailor are the s#!t!!!!!

As you say mate ..... not frozen (gag) and blead........ damn good tucker!!!

Never be ashamed to post...... everyone gets donuts!!!

However yours was far from it!!!!

Tight lines mate and hope there are many more reports!!!!

Mick

mick, how do you do cajun blackened fish?

:1welcomeani: josh... posting reports like this will endear you to all us raiders.... beach reports are looked upon favorably cause it inspires fishos with or without boats...

I heard about smokin tailor...what is it like to eat? is the flesh similar to trout when smoked?

I would love to try em instead of puttin an 8/0 in em all the time :wacko:

:1welcomeani: josh... posting reports like this will endear you to all us raiders.... beach reports are looked upon favorably cause it inspires fishos with or without boats...

I heard about smokin tailor...what is it like to eat? is the flesh similar to trout when smoked?

I would love to try em instead of puttin an 8/0 in em all the time :wacko:

G'day kevvie, smoking tailor is the best way i've found to eat it, but it's not really like smoked trout which i think is cold-smoked. It's more like baked fish with a smoky flavour. Hickory chips give the best flavour that i've tried, you can get them at any bbq shop.

G'day kevvie, smoking tailor is the best way i've found to eat it, but it's not really like smoked trout which i think is cold-smoked. It's more like baked fish with a smoky flavour. Hickory chips give the best flavour that i've tried, you can get them at any bbq shop.

thanks josh ill give it a go

:1welcomeani: josh,

good 1st off report mate, looking forward to future reports...... :1prop:

mate last summer i fished narrabeen quiet alot just turned left after the bridge near the caravan park nd fished the sand flats down there for some BUMPER whiting..

have you seen or heard if there back there on the bite yet if not im sure there just upon us...??

im keen to get back there for a few night fishes...

MMMMMMMMMM whiting and :beersmile:

cheers steve

:1welcomeani: josh,

good 1st off report mate, looking forward to future reports...... :1prop:

mate last summer i fished narrabeen quiet alot just turned left after the bridge near the caravan park nd fished the sand flats down there for some BUMPER whiting..

have you seen or heard if there back there on the bite yet if not im sure there just upon us...??

im keen to get back there for a few night fishes...

MMMMMMMMMM whiting and :beersmile:

cheers steve

[/quot

haven't tried for whiting yet this season, let me know how you go if you give it a try