Big tailor NSW

JonD

3 hours ago, JonD said:

Had a quick flick for salmon and tailor with another member on here ( who I was sharing local spots with ) . Unfortunately we didn't find any, but in saying that we only fished 10-15 mins, figured if we couldn't catch them in that time they simply don't exist!!!!

Good one,

A real mature response. Looking at your other posts I guess unless a fish is deemed magazine worthy it escapes the flash of your camera? 

I believe tailor have suffered as a result of the kingfish protection and resurgence. Back in the 90s when LBG fishing we would regularly send out big tailor but we noticed over the years into the 2000s they seem to have become rarer in waters shared by our kingfish population. The healthy resurgence of Australian Salmon also could be a factor.

I find it interesting how often small tailor get caught compared to small Kings and the survival rate must be taken into account. When I took part in a survey the results of fish lip hooked to mouth hooked was amazing. Any hook past the lips resulted in death. Tailor just try to chop and consume.

Anyway great to see some old school pics and some stories that I also can connect with.....Not saying they have not been caught as I have pics of them but not recently...

Maybe I should post a pic of  my 7 foot hair tail  or my 63cm bass, 52cm bream or 96cm snapper Jon??? 

36 minutes ago, rippinlips said:

Good one,

A real mature response. Looking at your other posts I guess unless a fish is deemed magazine worthy it escapes the flash of your camera? 

I believe tailor have suffered as a result of the kingfish protection and resurgence. Back in the 90s when LBG fishing we would regularly send out big tailor but we noticed over the years into the 2000s they seem to have become rarer in waters shared by our kingfish population. The healthy resurgence of Australian Salmon also could be a factor.

I find it interesting how often small tailor get caught compared to small Kings and the survival rate must be taken into account. When I took part in a survey the results of fish lip hooked to mouth hooked was amazing. Any hook past the lips resulted in death. Tailor just try to chop and consume.

Anyway great to see some old school pics and some stories that I also can connect with.....Not saying they have not been caught as I have pics of them but not recently...

Maybe I should post a pic of  my 7 foot hair tail  or my 63cm bass, 52cm bream or 96cm snapper Jon??? 

Mate I think we can all agree that fishing in 2019 is not the same as it used to be in the good old days. That's a sad truth, whatever the reasons being.

That being said....your earlier messages suggested that tailor over 4kg didnt exist. I think the guys have presented overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise. 

I'd love to see those pics mate. They might even be fishraider records.