BRP (Evinrude) acquires 80% ownership of Telwater (Quintrex)

GoingFishing

6 hours ago, Fishop said:

Coming from living in canada and the snowmobiling community, skidoo (BRP) had the worst reputation in the 2 stroke world anyway. It wasnt uncommon for someone to blow an engine in one season.  Thankfully most came with a 2 year warranty on the engine.  From seeing that first hand over there, and coming back here and reading about all their issues with 2 stroke marine engines ill steer clear for now.  8(  

All marine engines have issues and in fact there are dozens of happy Etec owners on this site who haven't had any issues with their etec...some have had issues.

This could be said for any motor brand irrespective of 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

PS laughable to draw a comparison between snow mobile and marine engine lol....YouTube is full of people riding snow mobiles and it's pretty easy to work out why engines are blowing.. they drive them like idiots

Guest Guest123456789
42 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

All marine engines have issues and in fact there are dozens of happy Etec owners on this site who haven't had any issues with their etec...some have had issues.

PS laughable to draw a comparison between snow mobile and marine engine lol....YouTube is full of people riding snow mobiles and it's pretty easy to work out why engines are blowing.. they drive them like idiots

Agreed, the worst car I’ve ever seen/driven is the Suzuki wagon R+

Doesn’t mean Suzuki  outboards are bad

F875024C-FAD2-45BD-AA6C-3338D68968FA.jpeg

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

14 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Hey man I am just drawing from personal experience.  If I personally experience one manufacturer failing time and time again I steer clear.  Everyone bags mercury, I have a mercury and I have had no major issues with it so I will probably stick with mercury.  Murphys law if I choose yamaha I will get a lemon and have nothing but problems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fishop said:

Hey man I am just drawing from personal experience.  If I personally experience one manufacturer failing time and time again I steer clear.  Everyone bags mercury, I have a mercury and I have had no major issues with it so I will probably stick with mercury.  Murphys law if I choose yamaha I will get a lemon and have nothing but problems.

Based on what you have said so far, you don't have any first hand experience with BRP products. So you can't really say your drawing on your own experience.

So here's the question..... you have heard people bag mercury...but you bought one? You have heard people bag BRP, but you won't buy one???? 

Seems like an unfair bias? The only discernable difference between the two is that one is a 4 stroke and the other is a 2 stroke.....hmmmm 🤓🤓

Edited by GoingFishing

14 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Based on what you have said so far, you don't have any first hand experience with BRP products. So you can't really say your drawing on your own experience.

So here's the question..... you have heard people bag mercury...but you bought one? You have heard people bag BRP, but you won't buy one???? 

Seems like an unfair bias? The only discernable difference between the two is that one is a 4 stroke and the other is a 2 stroke.....hmmmm 🤓🤓

Its personal experience if Im constantly towing my mates skidoo's back from the mountains.  Its personal experience that the only engine that Ive towed back from working for VMR are evinrudes.  

On 5/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, Fishop said:

Its personal experience if Im constantly towing my mates skidoo's back from the mountains.  Its personal experience that the only engine that Ive towed back from working for VMR are evinrudes.  

We've had a bloke who worked for VMR on this site tell us first hand there is no one engine make that fails all the time and needs rescue.....he said it's pretty even across the board.

I guess where you live 100% of boat owners have evinrudes lol

Edited by GoingFishing

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, browncrab said:

Intreseting move for BRP. Isn't there a sales ban on new 2 stroke engines gonna be implemented in Australia in July?

The ban on non-complient carby 2 strokes has been lengthened until June 30th 2020 due to the drought and farmers who need to sell their stock of gardening equipment but are having difficulty doing so due to the drought etc.