Brisbane water 2nd June

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

I didn’t plan on going out today but I needed to help my cousin sell her moored boat at koolewong. She needed to take the buyer aboard so I was the taxi. 

After finishing up about 11:30 my son and I headed out for a fish. We decided a leisurely drift along paddy’s channel was in order, he had the bait rod I was working the lure.

After about 10 minutes the boy’s rod buckles over, after a good tussle on light line he boats a snapper. I was on next, getting a flattie on the lure. He came up tight again for a bloody ugly puffer fish. Then he catches an undersized snapper. He had enough by now, so I gave him the abc kids on the iPhone and moved over to a different spot with better current flow.

i switched to bait and soon came up tight on a bream that almost got me around the lease. Then I hooked a bigger fish which clearly wasn’t a bread and butter. I disengaged the spot lock as to take some pressure off, after about 10 mins back and forth boatside comes a school Jew. Before I can get the net I pulled the hook. After that we called it a day and head in.

water was cold, 14 degrees. Make sure you downsize jig heads. Thanks for reading. Luke.

E2A9285C-DA8B-4185-A532-E10B35CFA473.jpeg

Guest Guest123456789
2 hours ago, Gabm said:

Great catch & feed. Why downsize jigheads?

Thanks Gab. Slower and more suspended seems to work better when it’s cooler water