Hawkesbury Jew Info...

RodHolder

Hi All,

Will be tackling thje Hawkesbury next Friday, Sat & early Sunday, with my local fishing club....

Since I havent fished there before. I would like some info from the Jew guns of the site :1worthy:

Expecting that this rain will continue during the week & obviously affect the system, where would you fish?

There are also some big tides around late morning, would you fish the same area?

Will be taking squid with us, & hoping to gather bait, what other bait should I try to catch & where?

Will be fish of boat, so can go anywhere.

Thanking all i advance..

If you want to PM with particular info..pls feel free.. :secret:

Hoping to catch that Jew of a life time.. :yahoo:

Will post results regardless.

thanks again

Rodholder

I would get a copy of jewie secrets they have some excellent tips on bait gathering and spots to boot.

However i have heard a few stories of these techniques being put into practise and people not turning a reel all weekend. Hell thats fishing, good luck either way mate i look forward to the report.

Edited by Sharky

Hi Rodholder,

firstly, i would be determining WHAT size jew you want to target and what gear you have to do it.

If its a big one you are after, dont use light gear.

The spots suggested all produce and Jews are not really territorial and will travel quite a distance in search of food.

I would be using big leaders(like 60lb+) and good 50lb+ mono or braid.(this is if you want the bigguns)

Current doesnt stop the fish biting, as long as you can get your baits down.

You know the law of using sinkers.

Big baits, fresh squid, yakkas or tailor all work well in the lower reaches where as tailor,herring/sprat etc are better up further.

If you want to be serious, pick a good spot and STAY THERE. most people give up too early.

changa