Botany Bay Boat Ramp

fishaman635

Hey guy's

I'm travellin down to Botanyon Sunday.

Can someone tell me if the boat ramp

on the southern side or northern side

of Tom Ugly"s bridge is the better option on

weekends for launching and parkin trailers.

thanks guy's

Laurie :1fishing1:

Depends on the weather mate,

If there are a million boats on the water, Any of those two will do as long as you can get your boat in the water.

If it is an average day(weather) or fishermans weather, The one on the north faces EAST. The one on the south faces NORTH.

The south ramp is best for S,S/E,S/W afternoon wind retrieves.

The north is good for westerlys???.

If ya got a little tinny, Either one , A high sided sea boat, You need to think about the afternoon winds.

Hope that helps.

Guest maraudingmado

Try the ramp at the mouth of sylvania waters at the hawksbury reserve off hawksbury esp it's a good 1 lane ramp with a jetty to tie up to and plenty of parking :thumbup:

I always thought that the ramp there was a two lane setup :bump0ee: . I found it to be a top ramp

I always thought that the ramp there was a two lane setup :bump0ee: . I found it to be a top ramp

It can easily be a two lane ramp, I've launched next to mates plenty of times, however most people who use it treat it like a one laner, and put their trailers straight down the middle :1badmood: . The council are converting it to a three laner sometime soon.

Guest johblow

Ive tried the one near the airport once, in the cooks river, near the endeavour bridge. Its a good one, one of the better ones ive used (i like ATB the best, and hate Woolich). Could be a bit exposed in the wind but?

Jewel - yep, hole in the wall, but my boat is smallish, and I launch and retrieve boats all the time for work, so I'm pretty accurate!

The talk of the renovation to three lanes has been around for ages, hope the council get off their bums shortly, but I reckon it will be autumn/winter before they start (or they could stupidly do the reno in the middle of summer at its busiest). There is a development proposal posted down there at the moment with submissions open till Decmeber 13, so I guess once thats done they can go ahead.

Johblow - Kyeemagh ramp on the Cooks is very good, can get a little blowy there at times, but more importantly it gets incredibly busy over summer, have heard of guys waiting an hour and a half to get their boat out on weekend afternoons. Absolutely swarming with jetskiers...