Foreshore rd ramp

Duffy75

Hi all,

Has anyone had issues at foreshore rd ramp at low tide launching? Im planning on going Thursday morning at low tide o.5m ill be on my own only a 4mtr tinnie but have heard it can be slippery and that the odd car/trailer have ended up going for a swim,is it that bad there?

Cheers

Its a pretty newish ramp (approx 5 or 6 years old I think since.refurb).

Probably has to be the best & well maintained ramp in the area.

I have never had an issue there but I.only have a 13ft tinny.

The biggest issue with the place is how busy it gets on weekends & the people that go there that dont have any etiquette or know how launch or retrieve a boat which is why I dont use it on a weekend!

Edited by kingie chaser

Foreshore ramp is the best constructed ramp in Sydney by far. It is very likely that if cars have gone swimming at that ramp it is because the skipper has made an unfortunate blunder.

All ramps can be slippery at low tide as the water line falls and exposes the algae covered part of the ramp. In a 4 meter tinny you should be OK as long as you take care not to reverse too far down into the water, reverse down slowly and accelerate out of the ramp slowly. If you hammer that accelerator your wheel will spin and you will slide backwards, its momentum that does the damage after that.

In terms of how busy the ramp is, that really depends on what time you plan on getting there. The ramp is busiest between 5:00am and 6:30am most weekends, especially during summer. In fact i have witnessed multiple weekends where the 100 or so parking spaces are full by 7am. Before 5:00am you will find yourself launching quickly, after 6:30am there is still normally a que albeit not as long as the peak hour.

Thursday morning you will be fine, most fishos are at work, you lucky bastard !!!!!!

4 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Before 5:00am you will find yourself launching quickly, after 6:30am there is still normally a que albeit not as long as the peak hour.

Launching is one part of it, the retrieval is the other 🤔

It becomes a car.park when its time to come home as well!

I was going out tomorrow for the 1st time since April but the forecast is very average.

I also have Friday off & that looks like it will be a much better day.

Im happy to leave the weekends to the monday to fridayers & the jet skies

Good luck Duff 👍

Edited by kingie chaser

On 9/17/2019 at 7:49 PM, kingie chaser said:

Launching is one part of it, the retrieval is the other 🤔

It becomes a car.park when its time to come home as well!

I was going out tomorrow for the 1st time since April but the forecast is very average.

I also have Friday off & that looks like it will be a much better day.

Im happy to leave the weekends to the monday to fridayers & the jet skies

Good luck Duff 👍

Well that's all well and good if you have the choice mate but as someone who has no work flexibility weekend fishing is the only window of opportunity I have. I am sure most fishos are faced with the same unfortunate circumstances.

That being said, if you haven't been out since April it doesn't look like your making the most of your weekday fishing availability so go figure !??

3 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Well that's all well and good if you have the choice mate but as someone who has no work flexibility weekend fishing is the only window of opportunity I have. I am sure most fishos are faced with the same unfortunate circumstances.

That being said, if you haven't been out since April it doesn't look like your making the most of your weekday fishing availability so go figure !??

Didn't mean any offence by my comments GF!

We all have to do what we need to do when we can with whatever our pursuits are.

I pursue other activities which I enjoy just as much as fishing when the weather turns cooler & the fishing inshore becomes less productive. 

I try to do all the things I like to do when its prime time, plain & simple.

It was the same when I worked in the ski fields of NSW for 14 years.

I would only generally ski about 60 days a season out of a possible 120, if the weather & snow was crap I would do other things like go fishing on the banks for lake Jindabyne, but dam I made the most of those 60 days on the snow & enjoyed every second of it. 

Again I had that luxury of choice in picking my days.

Spoilt, maybe but hey we all do what we want to do when we want to do it unless...……………. your incarcerated of course.

Happy fishing anyway 👍

Edited by kingie chaser