Jewfish Point, Georges River

SaltyGreek

Oatley point produces good size bream around the weed beds at times (the rock is only accessible around low-tide). Try white bread on a small hook, drifted unweighted, or with the smallest sinker you can find. I have caught the odd blackfish here, but I wouldn't call it a blackfish spot by any means. There are also flathead around here at places where there are drop-offs.

I've found that the Georges is producing some good size bream at the moment, at various landbased spots from Oatley to Lugarno. All my catches have been with bread.

14 hours ago, jimbu1 said:

Oatley point produces good size bream around the weed beds at times (the rock is only accessible around low-tide). Try white bread on a small hook, drifted unweighted, or with the smallest sinker you can find. I have caught the odd blackfish here, but I wouldn't call it a blackfish spot by any means. There are also flathead around here at places where there are drop-offs.

I've found that the Georges is producing some good size bream at the moment, at various landbased spots from Oatley to Lugarno. All my catches have been with bread.

If the weather holds up over the weekend I’ll give the bread a go but so far it’s not looking too good.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my recent luck in the area:

Fished Oatley point on Sunday morning; caught a pike on SP in the main channel, then converted a strip of that to a horse bream (37cm) on the western bank on the incoming tide.

Fished a friend's pontoon in Lugarno on Sunday afternoon. Caught a 60cm jewfish on SP, surprisingly, as the tide was rushing out quite quickly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimbu1 said:

Just a quick update on my recent luck in the area:

Fished Oatley point on Sunday morning; caught a pike on SP in the main channel, then converted a strip of that to a horse bream (37cm) on the western bank on the incoming tide.

Fished a friend's pontoon in Lugarno on Sunday afternoon. Caught a 60cm jewfish on SP, surprisingly, as the tide was rushing out quite quickly.

Nice 👍🏽