New Techniques

Sharky

Hey all

A recent post reminded me a fishing technique i thought about giving a go some time in the near future.

It involves getting out your snorkelling gear and a handline finding a suitable spot to fish and the rest is pretty self explanitry. I wreken whiting would be a good target and knowing exactly when to strike would be a definate advantage. It would also be a cheap thrill you gotta love that kind :074:

When the next warm current warms up the water im going to give it a go.

Has anyone ever tried snorkel handline fishing? Is it affective?

There are so many different ways to try it what about soft plastics could you imagine seeing a dirty big flathead sitting waiting for a feed, all you would have to do is twitch a plastic in front of his nose and whamo.

Keep an eye out for a post in the near future :biggrin2:

Best fun you can have in the water.

I used to do it at the R.M.Y.C at the Hacking while cleaning the bottom of boats.

There where bream everywhere plus Kingfish and all sorts off fish.

I will grab a black crab from the pylons and lower it on the hand line.

Never missed a fish,The kings would chase the bream all over the place.

Good fun I tell ya,You guys should give it a GO. :1prop:

Hazza

My old man gave it ago a fews year back when i was out having a surf at the entrance and could see masses of large whiting, so he tied 3m of fishing line to his speedos :wacko: and swam out with live nippers..ended up with 6 fish that where all stonkers..

haha picture a man walking out of the surf with a fish in his hands chucking them in a bucket and then to turn around and walk back out again to come back in 2 mins later with another one...was quite funny seeing peoples reactions..

i was hoping the biggest bluenose bream of central coast would hit so hard that it would take off and take his speedos with it, kinda lucky it didnt happen when i think about it.. :074:

What if a seagull shits in your snorkel :05::074: IF YOU GUYS WANNA PUT A HOOK IN YOUR BACK AND HAVE A SWIM AT STOCKTON I THINK I KNOW A FEW GUYS WHO

MAY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy