wybung head

marky

hi everyone. im needing help on how to get to the X spot in wybung head. me and the missus went there to camp in the camping grounds about a month ago. went snapper point which is easy to get to and saw wybung head with a nice looking spot to fish in the " X "spot but i couldn't figure out how to get down there. i saw water bottles below so i know someone did some fishing there overnight. i tried going down by point "A" in map but it looks sketchy and we kinda brought a bit of fishing gear with us so didn't go through with it.on the way back to the car park i saw point "B" but my missus is too scared to give it a go as its all grassy and couldn't see the ground you're walking to but it does looks like there's a way down there

if anyone know a way to go down there please share it with us :) otherwise the safest way i can see from the map is via Frazer beach but it looks like a 30+ minutes walk from there to the "X"  spot.

ps were planning another camping trip there in late December and eager to try to fish in wybung head.

wybung head.jpg

The path starting at B is the right way to go. It is sketchy but its doable. Alternatively you can walk from the frazer campgrounds

Please note that the place just like snapper point has a poor reputation as has taken many lives

Edited by connico

There is a small ledge to drop over on southern side to go down track or a walking track opposite on northern side   best spot to fish is 50 mtrs out from where you have the x in back of bay  fish 15 to 20 mtrs east of the high ledge with rock shelf in water in front of it  occasional red n jew after dark   the old days when bonnies n kings were thick are gone  i live twenty mins away and never go there anymore   cars get broken into in carpark   better off parkin at frazer and walk round    also once in national park the gates are locked after dark and you cant get out

Thanks for the infos Rick and con 👍👍👍

I only got interested on the spot X coz last time I went there there’s no big waves going there. All the big swells were Coming from the northern side.

were actually camping in the Frazer campgrounds so not worried if the gates are locked 😅

me and my missus always wear our rock fishing boots and never without life jackets when fishing 😬

will try point B on 1st day with light gears if it’s too hard will just walk from the beach even if it takes 20-30min .

better be safe 😁

The small yellow area is best in larger swell its slightly higher  the large yellow area is best when swell is low  best spinning here or throw out large baits for jew on dark   swell normally comes from sth east here  a northerly swell is very rare    nth side of wybung is shallow reefy crap   few blackies n drummer and bream back in bay on rocks north of gravel beach

20191127_153735.jpg

• Like 1