Flathead around Gosford in a Canoe

JA1990

Hey Everyone,

Bit of a slow run down in the Brisbane Waters, hitting my old stomping grounds looking for some lizards over the past week.

I started out working my way from the sand flats near lobster beach and I pulled out a lovely 48cm flathead, sadly it was the only one of the day as it got to about 45 degrees and on the water just way to hot. The next day I fished around Woy Woy channel and got a big fat donut. How ever the other fella in the boat pulled out 2 bream over 30cm and a pinky around 30cm. All fish were released safely.

A few days before I decided to pull the canoe out of the dust and get it ready for an early morning paddle around Narara Creek and west Gosford. Launching on the Point Clare side we made our way up to the Narara Creek bridge where the Central Coast Highway crosses. A 35 cm Flatty was caught there, we progressed further down stream and found some more flathead. the largest one was a 50cm fish. All were caught on Soft Plastics, Green paddle-tails with a 1/8oz 1/0 size jig head.

Was really exciting way to fish and its not something i do very often. I have made a video report (pretty standard on a good day) Feel free to give it a watch, and if you like what you see feel free to give a subscribe as not all my video links end up on the forum. 

Anyway if you want exact locations of where I was or any other tips, feel free to send a PM.

Tight lines,

JA

• Like 2