Intel on Syd harbour

anthman

Hey guys, I'm looking to go for a fish this Saturday after a bout of a cold and (much needed) rain over the weekend that just passed. 

Fingers crossed the weather changes to allow for a run past the heads into long reef, but failing that, how is the harbour fishing these days (middle head through to the harbour bridge).

Any Intel would be useful. Current plan, if I need to stay in the heads, is to use small metals (~5g) and small 2" / 3" minnows to match a baitfish profile. Chucking these at bustups (currently thinking about the harbour bridge but is a pain given the restrictions in the channel).

Thanks FR!

49 minutes ago, anthman said:

Hey guys, I'm looking to go for a fish this Saturday after a bout of a cold and (much needed) rain over the weekend that just passed. 

Fingers crossed the weather changes to allow for a run past the heads into long reef, but failing that, how is the harbour fishing these days (middle head through to the harbour bridge).

Any Intel would be useful. Current plan, if I need to stay in the heads, is to use small metals (~5g) and small 2" / 3" minnows to match a baitfish profile. Chucking these at bustups (currently thinking about the harbour bridge but is a pain given the restrictions in the channel).

Thanks FR!

Under the bridge the secret is to change. If they are busting up and you put a cast through a school and don't hookup change the speed change the depth and then change the lure.

The kings did not even take live yakka and live prawns thrown right into the bust ups. Not saying that wont work next time but it shows you need to change your options until you find whats working.

Edited by James Clain