Where to Fish?

Eddy

Hi All,

I am still new to fishing and so would really appreciate all the feedback.

Some friends and I would like to go fishing on the weekend (Saturday) most likely in the morning. What good spots are there?

Jetty - Wharf - of the rocks...? I am in Sydney and happy to drive up to 2 hours for a good location.

I have fished at the following:

• Nelsons Bay
  • The Entrance
  • Windang - Didn't like it
  • Woy Woy Wharf 

I like the idea of the guide for not just the locations but the other things in it that will help you.

If you do some homework you will more than likely find some land based locations up & down the coast by doing a forum search.

Lake Macquarie

Brisbane waters

The Shoalhaven river

Etc etc

https://www.fishraider.com.au/topic/90444-land-based-trip/?tab=comments#comment-668260

https://www.fishraider.com.au/topic/90352-newbie-fishing-spots-sydney/?tab=comments#comment-667492

Edited by kingie chaser

If you plan on venturing up the coast, Lake Mac is pretty good>

here's my guide and write up on Land based round Lake Mac also have created a custom google map with the locations, link in that post:

Lake Mac Land Based

also an old post on here for sydney landbased spots, gimme a sec and ill find the old google link from 10+ years ago.

• Like 1

thank you all. Much appreciate your help. Looking forward to catching some fish!

Unfortunately, it'll be raining all up and down the coast. On the other hand, not complaining! anything to help the firefighters with the bush fires is a plus! 

1 hour ago, Squ!rt said:

If you plan on venturing up the coast, Lake Mac is pretty good>

here's my guide and write up on Land based round Lake Mac also have created a custom google map with the locations, link in that post:

Lake Mac Land Based

also an old post on here for sydney landbased spots, gimme a sec and ill find the old google link from 10+ years ago.

Thank you. I think I till be trying Little Pelican - under the bridge and if nothing eventuates then I might try Reid Reserve.

Once again appreciate all of your assistance. 👍

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eddy said:

Thank you. I think I till be trying Little Pelican - under the bridge and if nothing eventuates then I might try Reid Reserve.

Once again appreciate all of your assistance. 👍

Reid Reserve has been going off lately on that breakwall on change of high tide, seen some decent monsters getting caught along with some half decent bream,

Last sunday night at around 11-12pm i hit up swansea bridge on way down to work in syd, got 4 tailor in about 20 mins, decent school and good fun, 

Squirts tip: Silver spoon or classic walker wobbler at second pilon never goes a stray at night under swansea bridge when the tailor run...