Anyone fished JD reef?

M1100S

Just wondering if anyone here has fished or fished JD reef down south?  Picking up the slightly bigger boat in a few weeks and am looking forward to venturing out of the heads now and have read about the artificial reefs. 

I tried doing a searching but couldn't find much about what the fishing is like down there. I just want to catch a legal sized king, got my second ever kingie since i got my boat.... and again was 63cm so back she went :(

I know when the artificial reef went in off shoalhaven heads  it was about 3 months before i consistently marked bait on it. I haven't bothered to fish them much other than the odd drift past but once the marlin bugger off i might take a closer look on the anchor

• Like 1

I had a look at JD last Friday looking for slimies,  but they weren'tthere for the first time since I started looking for them there.  There was some bait but not as many as usual and I didn't see any big arches.  Funny thing is that the 3 times I have been there I have never seen anyone fishing it. Ron