Patonga/Pearl Beach for Queen's Birthday

Ryan Minaee

Hi. I'm relatively new to fishing and want to do it more frequently once I graduate as I live in Woy Woy with my father which is surrounded by lots of water. I recently visited Patonga Beach with a group I usually fish with but only for a short while. I am now inviting my mates to come up from Sydney for the long weekend and was wondering if you have any tips about fishing Patonga or Pearl Beach. I've done research on Patonga and the fish there, but I've recently been told by someone that during the colder months there aren't many there and Pearl Beach would be a better spot. How true is this? And if so does Pearl Beach have different species to Patonga?

Guest Guest123456789

Never fished pearl beach or patonga for that matter. 
ettalong point might be a good spot, a ganged pilchard out deep and some pippis or beach worms in close. Salmon tailor whiting bream flathead. Safe spot as well. Make sure everyone has fishing licences as fisheries do random checks.

1 hour ago, Ryan Minaee said:

Hi. I'm relatively new to fishing and want to do it more frequently once I graduate as I live in Woy Woy with my father which is surrounded by lots of water. I recently visited Patonga Beach with a group I usually fish with but only for a short while. I am now inviting my mates to come up from Sydney for the long weekend and was wondering if you have any tips about fishing Patonga or Pearl Beach. I've done research on Patonga and the fish there, but I've recently been told by someone that during the colder months there aren't many there and Pearl Beach would be a better spot. How true is this? And if so does Pearl Beach have different species to Patonga?

@Ryan Minaee The search tab is your friend, use it like google!

https://www.fishraider.com.au/search/?q=patonga&quick=1

To answer one of you questions, I find the cooler months the fishing is harder as a lot of species aren't as aggressive due to the water temp.

But they still have to eat.

During this time its even more important to change up what your using if one thing is not working.

Edited by kingie chaser