Evinrude/BRP

noelm

2 hours ago, PaddyT said:

. The marketing was flashy but aimed at the whole idea of " going faster", fine for the waterski set and those who chase the fastest fish in the world (bream) 

Clearly never owned or driven an Etec....to those 4 stroke lovers living in denial pretending to be unbiased.....it seemed like flashy marketing.

But if u ever had the pleasure of getting behind the wheel you would quickly realise the performance is not exxagerated in any way. Evrinrude delivered on its promises.

With respect.....if u have never owned an ETEC then keep the hearsay stories and conspiracy theories to yourselves. 

28 minutes ago, motiondave said:

From what I understood, the move to 4 stroke was several things.

Marketing for a quieter motor

supposedly better fuel efficiency

less overall pollution (mostly pushed by greens pollies as 2 strokes are more polluting, apparently, and not just outboards, mowers, garden equipment, etc....) 

well...thats what I understand it to be.....

Ive only owned two stroke outboards, I cannot afford a newer 4 stroke one, and probably by the time I can, they will be 20 years old :D

The newer model 2 strokes and new 4 strokes are almost identical in price. + or - a few %%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Clearly never owned or driven an Etec....to those 4 stroke lovers living in denial pretending to be unbiased.....it seemed like flashy marketing.

But if u ever had the pleasure of getting behind the wheel you would quickly realise the performance is not exxagerated in any way. Evrinrude delivered on its promises.

With respect.....if u have never owned an ETEC then keep the hearsay stories and conspiracy theories to yourselves. 

You are very wrong there, plus I had a pair of FICHTs that I put over 2,000 hours on, and I have had factory certification when OMC was in Bankstown, I might know a bit about outboards, especially 2 strokes, but, once again, the entire point went over your head, you don't have to defend your motor, no one has said they were bad, but you seem to be blinded by brand loyalty and will not read what's posted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, noelm said:

, and in the end, to comply, the motors had to run on minimal oil, very lean fuel mixture and a unique fuel injector, the engines were/are running right on the edge of lubrication, Evinrude tried, making better engines, trying for lighter engines and long service intervals, but, the masses didn't take it up, why??

Your not fooling anyone mate. I read and understood everything. I just disagree with you. That doesn't mean anything is lost on me.

You claim that your NOT saying etecs are bad engines....But anyone who reads your comments (see above example) will form that exact view (that the tech didn't work, and hence that's why etecs are now gone). These hints are spread throughout all your comments, when you aren't qualified to make them. 

PS. Hilarious that you claim to understand modern 2 stroke tech because you knew a thing or two about old 2 stroke tech.