Banax iso 5000 for land based Jews?

SaltyGreek

Just wondering if anyone has used a banax iso 5000 for Jewies. I recently spooled one up with 20lb mono and I’m planning to fish for Jews with it matched up with a powerods 12 foot mt7144 rod. Also would this set up suit for fishing for jews land based on the Georges?

16 hours ago, SaltyGreek said:

Just wondering if anyone has used a banax iso 5000 for Jewies. I recently spooled one up with 20lb mono and I’m planning to fish for Jews with it matched up with a powerods 12 foot mt7144 rod. Also would this set up suit for fishing for jews land based on the Georges?

The Banax looks like it holds plenty of 20lb, so as long as it has a decent drag it will do the job well.

If your Powerods is similar to a Butterworth MT7144 (which I suspect it is) you've got a good outfit for the beach. Sorry I don't know the Georges when it comes to fishing, but I don't see why it wouldn't suit there as well.

My outfit for the beach and rocky estuary mouth is a 7144 and a 650 C series Alvey, loaded with 25lb mono. Its handled fish up to around 25kg.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

The Banax looks like it holds plenty of 20lb, so as long as it has a decent drag it will do the job well.

If your Powerods is similar to a Butterworth MT7144 (which I suspect it is) you've got a good outfit for the beach. Sorry I don't know the Georges when it comes to fishing, but I don't see why it wouldn't suit there as well.

My outfit for the beach and rocky estuary mouth is a 7144 and a 650 C series Alvey, loaded with 25lb mono. Its handled fish up to around 25kg.

The banax took a full 275m of 20lb mono which is great. The power rods I don’t think is a butter worth but I’ll send you a photo of it bc I’m not too sure. Hopefully I can get onto some Jews even though it’s winter there still should be a few around.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SaltyGreek said:

The banax took a full 275m of 20lb mono which is great. The power rods I don’t think is a butter worth but I’ll send you a photo of it bc I’m not too sure. Hopefully I can get onto some Jews even though it’s winter there still should be a few around.

Yeah, your Powerods isn't the same blank as a Butterworth, but being 7 wraps of fibreglass and 144 inches, both rods must be similar in capabilities and pulling power. 

Next time you're down at Gerroa, head down to Shoalhaven Heads and look for a nice gutter or hole around where you'd imagine the river used to open to the ocean. Damn good jew spot.

• Like 1