Broken bay wide

Vara

Decided to give the broken bay fads a look with the young bloke and said he could take a mate. 

Up at 4.30 to car with boat on it and ready to go. Of course a flat battery. So race to the servo get some leads. Hit the water at 6. Straight to our new bait spot and had 20 slimmies and the same number of yakkas in about 10 minutes. 

Seas were reasonably average but good as getting to know the new boat and how it handles in different conditions. Recently bought a 685 cruisecraft explorer. 

hit the fads there was another two boats out there. Pretty slow going current was running fairly hard. 

just as we were leaving our livie goes off. Phew finally. 5 minutes later number two lands on the deck. Fellow on the other boat was going and as he drove past waved him down to where the fish seemed to be holding. Slow for 30minutes. Tried a slab of slimmie and of it goes. A nice 80cm fish. Fellow in other boat had no slimies so threw him one to try. He landed a small fish - released. We then got a couple of rats so decided to head home. 

nothing major but was good to land a few. 

off to the shelf tomorrow to see what’s happening out there. 

best to all. 

• Like 2

Gday nuffy

it was a pretty average run out and we didn’t thrash it. Probably we averaged 10 to 12 knots.

took over an hour. Sounded some interesting marks on the way out and will try them out one day when I go exploring. 

the run in averaged 20knots. 

if you go I suggest taking a lot of options with you. I took live slimmies which I always like to trolling around slowly a little way off the fads say 200m. For some reason I often find the larger fish a bit further away from the fads. 

I also took live yakkas and some pillows. Plus all the other lure options. 

hopefully they thicken up after the next big blow later this week. 

always like changing angles on the way out when travelling slowly. never know what you come across. One mark looks very interesting .... there was a stack of bait on it in about 80m and there was a significant rise of the bottom. Estimated 18 to 10m. 

Edited by Vara

31 minutes ago, Vara said:

Mostly pick up some livies on the trip out of the heads - but generally stop at 10 or so which was to our detriment on NYE as the live  bait was getting smashed by Kingies.  And my son loves spending (my) money so we have a very good array of stick baits and poppers...also picking up some good size squid which we will try this afternoon (going to see if we can find some kings in pittwater before the weather changes). 

Thanks for the info - see you on the wate!