Where to get yakkas and squid in Botany bay

Blade

Hi Raiders 

Planning to launch from Foreshore ramp and head out to the peak and maybe 12 mile. I haven't done any fishing in Botany Bay so I am looking for some spots to try for some yakka and squid in the area. Any help appreciated. 

Cheers

Bombora Point in Yarra bay. As the name implies there is a small bombora that juts out from the shore.

At the end on the container wall where wall meets sand, anchor about 20 metres out from the bommie you will see sand and weed patches, and use burley. While waiting for the yakkas to appear have a flick around the area with soft plastics and you are  very likely to pick up a flattie or 2.

Frank

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, frankS said:

Bombora Point in Yarra bay. As the name implies there is a small bombora that juts out from the shore.

At the end on the container wall where wall meets sand, anchor about 20 metres out from the bommie you will see sand and weed patches, and use burley. While waiting for the yakkas to appear have a flick around the area with soft plastics and you are  very likely to pick up a flattie or 2.

Frank

is the bommie you mention the one above pink line i marked?

Also do the yakkas hang around once the sun goes up or is it a lot harder to get them as they hide. I always rush to get as early as possible to ramp and go where the tug boats are but sometimes its a dogs breakfast there 

image.thumb.png.ec456b5f8bf78fd0eaba59dbcab8251e.png

Yes that's the bommie. Anchor about 50 metres or so south west of the purple line, you will see scattered weed beds. Early after sunrise best time , any tide. Squid can be found a little wider out towards centre of Yarra bay but before the drop off.

Frank

Edited by frankS

9 hours ago, frankS said:

Frank

I looked on Navionics and it says no anchoring in that area am I looking at the wrong place?