Shimano Service, Outstanding

Yaulpang

G'day Raiders,

Heres a happy story for you,

My dad bought a shimano ultergra 4000 which has been going great gun until the clicker on the drag snapped off. After sitting around thinking about it I finally thought I'd call shimano and send it off for repair. Peter from their office looked after it over the phone, was so good about it and sent me out a new spool, no dramas.

So helpful and friendly, so if anyone is going to buy shimano reel, I can vouch for their service.

Im glad because I switched to shimano speciffically because of their reputation for good warranty service. Glad to see it's true. :biggrin2:

As opposed to Daiwa but thats a different story

Merry Christmas all

Yep, their spare parts service is excellent. I went down to the warehouse in Caringbah a few years back and the bloke there pulled a pile of parts for a few different reels off the shelves for me in minutes. The price was astonishingly cheap too. Top stuff.

I have been down to Caringbah on quite a few occasions for parts, and cant speak too highly of the service!

Each time the same bloke has served me (his name escapes me at the moment) always friendly and quick and damn he knows his stuff.

In absolute contrast to Penn, just got a lever drag back after waiting 11 months

You got your drag.. I'm still waiting for my PENN parts and that was a year ago!!!

Enged up giving up and getting a mate to machine a new real seat for me...

Pretty Lame...

Guest hottuna

In absolute contrast to Penn, just got a lever drag back after waiting 11 months

whooa, thats too long. They contract out there repairs...11 months is too long. 4-6weeks is not un common

though

dan

• 2 weeks later...

I am another Shimano fan ,been down to the Caringbah wharehouse a few times only for minor

stuff, the bloke in repairs is always happy to talk and usually fixes the reel on the spot and gives

you a couple of tubes oil as well .

Shinamo may not be cheap but with service and back up like this they sure are very

good value

• 2 weeks later...

I am another Shimano fan ,been down to the Caringbah wharehouse a few times only for minor

stuff, the bloke in repairs is always happy to talk and usually fixes the reel on the spot and gives

you a couple of tubes oil as well .

Shinamo may not be cheap but with service and back up like this they sure are very

good value

I just posted a response to another similar thread started by Haraka... can also comment favourably on the Abu Garcia importers.

G'day lurespinner,

It was Australian, bought from Freddys at Auburn. I've bought a Caldia Kix from japan and was thinking about warranty issues. Casting my mind back Swoffa said he never had problems with warranty service from gear bought overseas but this was regarding Daiwa.

The boys at SHimano didn't ask for my reciept, looked after everything on the phone. Really fast turn around as well. 10 out of 10.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest danielinbyron

G'day Raiders,

Heres a happy story for you,

My dad bought a shimano ultergra 4000 which has been going great gun until the clicker on the drag snapped off. After sitting around thinking about it I finally thought I'd call shimano and send it off for repair. Peter from their office looked after it over the phone, was so good about it and sent me out a new spool, no dramas.

So helpful and friendly, so if anyone is going to buy shimano reel, I can vouch for their service.

Im glad because I switched to shimano speciffically because of their reputation for good warranty service. Glad to see it's true. :biggrin2:

As opposed to Daiwa but thats a different story

Merry Christmas all

man i can't agree with you more those guys at dolphey rock.. i punish fishing gear and expect to pay for it.... but i can't buy the kind of service i get from those guys anywhere else yet that i've found... except from a couple of old diggers that build or fix my rods ... ol school..