Does anyone have a SALTIST BW SJ 82XH SPIN?

slothparade

I have been looking for this rod but I have been told conflicting information.

Firstly i emailed dawia and they said the SALTIST BW SJ 82XH SPIN and the Saltist Bw Sj 802 xh AO were the same. But theres a price difference of $25. Also they said the SALTIST BW SJ 82XH SPIN was a mid join instead of a butt join (at the top of the foregrip). This was different to the pictures I was given by someone and Dinga and Motackle when I emailed them about it. 
I was wondering if anyone could confirm the join is on the top of the foregrip and it has a rubber gimbal.

Thankyou for your help in advance :)

I have called  Dinga to check the actual product in their warehouse in the past several times, and it took less than 5 min to clarify.  I assume Motackle would do the same, and probably any other stockist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

My SJ 792H is joined at the butt.

I'd be guessing but I'd imagine all the SJ's would be the same?

I'd have check the Gimbal, for memory I think it has a removable cap over the gimbal grooves?

yeah you would think so. Thanks

34 minutes ago, slothparade said:

How well do you think it will cast?

Well the way I see it & part of the reason I bought my rod at its length & weight was it was a bit of a combo rod, to be able to be used as a stick bait rod but also able to be a moderately heavy bottom rod.

If your going to buy the HX version then don't expect it will cast as good as the lighter version.

It is what it is.

13 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Well the way I see it & part of the reason I bought my rod at its length & weight was it was a bit of a combo rod, to be able to be used as a stick bait rod but also able to be a moderately heavy bottom rod.

If your going to buy the HX version then don't expect it will cast as good as the lighter version.

It is what it is.

Yeah alright, can I counter that by adding heavier sinker/ bait?

Im planning to use this for shark, king, jewfish ect. 

I was watching a video and it seemed to casts stick baits fine.