Reels

Swarm270

i would personally shoot for the vanford for the deeper spool and stronger drag. my logic is that heavy drag means that the reel is stronger and more robust than a more finesse reel, could be way off though 😅 extra $50 wouldnt faze me at this price point 

• Thanks 1

Welcome aboard.

I have a Abu Garcia Promax 30 reel. I have had it for 2 years, hasn't failed yet. It is on a Abu Garcia Veritas 7'4" 3-5kg rod.

The Vanford reels haven't been on the market very long and I have already seen some on the second hand market.

That should tell you something.

There is a guy on ebay that sells Abu Garcia gear at the right price and he delivers for free.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

The new Abu Garcia veritas V4 rods have just been released. I bought a 12' rod, but there is a complete range of different sizes. The 12' was $240.00 retail, i bought it for $169.00 free freight.

Cheers.

@Swarm270There is a sponsor on the Forum who has a great range of Abu Garcia products at the right price freight free.

Dinga Fishing at Sangate. Tell him you are a Fishraider and you will receive a further 5% off. I don't know if the 5% has changed, but it was there last year.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:37 AM, Rebel said:

@Swarm270There is a sponsor on the Forum who has a great range of Abu Garcia products at the right price freight free.

Dinga Fishing at Sangate. Tell him you are a Fishraider and you will receive a further 5% off. I don't know if the 5% has changed, but it was there last year.

Cheers.

@Rebelwe do not have any sponsors of fishraider at present.

I do allow Dinga to be mentioned as that company will give fishraiders a discount. 

• Thanks 1