Bass Fishing

Big Bob

All,

I would like to find out the various methods that are employed catching Bass.

I have Trolled 5m+ divers and bait fished but seem to be missing the point.

Quite often I have arrived back without a fish or a catty or 2 (yuk) and seen boats with a lot of bass.

Recently I asked (while trying not to look like a complete dill) how they caught them and received an answer WITH LURES?

I was watching Bushie and Rex at a dam in the Southern Highlands and they were using Spinner baits and soft Plastic Minnows.

As you probably know I am a big Soft Plastics fan.

Any advice would help I plan to go to Lake St Clair shortly for the day and would like to do the Lure thing casting not trolling.

I have a variety of HBs that I was assured caught fish on certain days and some Plastics in Minnow type.

What do you reckon?

Regards

:1fishing1:

Jackals at St Clair work great Bob ,get your self a few in the brown or greenish colour and you should score ,work them deep along the weed edges of which there are numerous ones .Good hunting :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Bob,

I have only ever fished for bass in Sydney usually in Hawksbury Nepean system, Generally find bass here will attack any lure as long as it is put in the right place. For the fishing I do you need to get lures and flies as close to structure as you can don't be afraid to lose a few lures and flies in snags. Might be why I tend to go for the fly option more these days as they cost almost zip to tie up myself.

Sorry I can't offer help on fishing St Claire but there have been a few posts by others who have done well there suggest you do a search and see what they have written, then let us know what worked for you when you return.

Cheers

and good luck

Trev